Start Point Exotics ® Frequently Asked Questions
- Is auto insurance required?
With our high end types of cars that are being rented and the demands of the insurance industry, Start Point Exotics requires all renters to carry their own physical damage and liability policies and verify with their insurance companies that coverage is provided for the car they have chosen to rent.
What if my insurance policy does not cover the cost of the car I chose to rent?
It is not a problem, there are two solutions:
- You can easily call your insurer and raise the limit for one day at the time or for as many days as you are willing to rent a vehicle from us.
- You can use our commercial fleet insurance as a GAP insurance that will complete your policy and will keep you fully covered and insured while driving the car you have chosen.
What if I don’t live in the U.S. and I am just visiting?
If you are visiting the United Stated, you might be covered for the rental you have chosen in the following cases:
- For people who don’t live in the United States, Start Point Exotic Rental offers a full coverage insurance for purchase. Prices vary from $150 to $550 per day, depending upon the vehicle you chose to rent.
- You carry a high end credit card (Amex Black, Amex Platinum, Visa Black Card etc…) which includes insurance for rental vehicles in the United States.
- You carry a temporary insurance policy with a limit which you can raise in case the limit you have currently does not cover the cost of the car you have chosen to rent.
- You have a travelers insurance as a part of the package you purchased your trip with.
- Is a security deposit required?
Yes, a security/damage deposit is required in order to rent a vehicle from Start Point Exotics. Security/damage deposits vary from $1,500 â€“ $10,000 depending upon the vehicle that is rented and the drivers insurance information. If you would like to pay the damage deposit by check or cashier check, a seven day advance period is required. Any damage found on the vehicle you rented when returned will be billed to the authorized credit card we used for the rental. We also accept a cash retainer as a damage deposit which will be returned at the end of your rental cycle but authorization of a credit card is preferred.
- Does Start Point Exotics rent to international visitors?
Yes, we do rent to international visitors. Any international visitor who wants to rent a vehicle from Start Point Exotics must have:
- A valid passport, not expired
- A valid drivers license from your home country
- When can my rental be delivered?
Start Point Exotics normal delivery hours are between 10:00AM to 6:00PM. Deliveries or pick ups outside of this time will have to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and will incur a surcharge of $25 -$50, depending the time you wish to receive and return your vehicle. Start Point Exotics will try to work around your schedule and give you the best experience while renting a vehicle from us.
- What services does Start Point Exotics provide for delivery?
Start Point Exotics provides deliveries and pick ups to most places in South Florida and some places outside of South Florida. We want you to have the greatest experience that can be provided with your rental, including a delivery and pick up brought to your front door. We also provide deliveries and pick ups to all the airports in South Florida. If you would like to be picked up from the airport please provide us with information about the airport you are arriving and your flight number / airline and your car will be waiting for you as you exit the airport. Please note that all delivery information must be provided 24 hours in advance in order to ensure you receive your vehicle with no delays. Any changes within less than 24 hours notice may require an additional transportation fee. Delivery fees my apply in some cases, Please feel free to contact Start Point Exotics anytime regarding any farther questions.
- What payment methods does Start Point Exotics accept?
Start Point Exotics accepts:
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
- Checks or cashier checks, if presented at least 7 says in advance
- Cash is also accepted as a payment method as long as we have a card on file.
Both rental and damage deposit can be paid by any of the payment methods above as long as we have a debit or credit card on file.
- Does Start Point Exotics have hourly rentals?
Start Point Exotics does not have hourly rentals. The time that goes into an hourly rental (washing and preparing the car, delivering the car and picking it up) and the high end types of vehicles that are being rented are not cost effective, not for the company nor the customer, to do hourly rentals. Start Point Exotics will treat every case differently and in case of a video shooting or a photo shooting, prices might be lowered at our discretion. If the vehicle is needed for lest than one day (5 hours, 10 hours, 15 hours etc…), a full price will still be applied since by renting it for an hour (or several), the car will be out for a full day regardless and Start Point Exotics is eliminating the possibility that the car you have chosen to rent can be rented to another customer.
- What happens if I get a parking or traffic ticket while driving the car?
While renting a vehicle from Start Point Exotics, you are liable for all traffic, speeding, parking, or any other tickets or violations issued and must pay for any fees, towing charges, or impound costs. The high end types of vehicles Start Point Exotics carries are well taken care of daily and as a renter, you should treat a rental vehicle like it is your own car; Do not speed, do not park anywhere you might get towed and please pay for parking. Leaving the key with any valet is not recommended. We offer parking the car yourself and paying the valet what they ask for since any damage found on the car after returned will be billed to the authorized credit card of the person who rented the vehicle.
- Is there anything I can not do while renting a car from Start Point Exotics?
Start Point Exotics policy prohibits vehicles to be used:
- By anyone who does not have a drivers license or drivers who have a restricted or suspended drivers license.
- For towing or pushing anything
- To exceed any speed limits
- To teach someone how to drive
- For any illegal activity or purporse
- To carry people or property for hire
- On any unpaved surface
- On or near any racetrack or road course
- In any speed test, speed endurance contest, speed contest or any demonstration
- In any rally or race
If one or more of the prohibited uses occur, Start Point Exotics reserve the right to remotely disable your rental vehicle and retrieve it without refunding the rental cost.
- Where can I drive my rented vehicle?
You can drive the vehicle you rented anywhere inside the state of florida. Start Point Exotics offers 100 free miles per day of rental. If you are willing to drive more than 100 miles per day, please let us know in advance and we will customize a mile package for you. If you do not notice us before, Start Point Exotics will calculate the cost of the extra miles and take it from the deposit or a separated payment, for your decision. Prices for extra miles vary from $3-$7 per extra mile, depending upon the vehicle you have chosen to rent.
Vehicles must not leave the state of Florida without prior written approval by Start Point Exotics.
- Can I valet my rented car?
Yes, you can valet your rented car. Start Point Does not recommend to leave your key with any valet since there are no cameras in many places and we can never know if the valet guy who took your car went straight to the parking spot or took it for a short ride. We recommend parking the car yourself and paying the valet what they ask for since any damage found on the car after returned will be billed to the authorized credit card of the person who rented the vehicle.
- How much does it cost to rent a Lamborghini in Miami?
Renting a Lamborghini costs between $995 to $2,495 per day, depending on the model you have chosen to rent. Start Point Exotics has 4 different Lamborghini models, available for rent:
- Lamborghini Gallardo
One day: $995 per day
- Lamborghini Huracan
One day: $1,595 per day
- Lamborghini Huracan Spyder
One day: $1,795 per day
- Lamborghini Aventador Coupe
One day: $2,495 per day
- Lamborghini Gallardo
- How much does it cost to rent a Ferrari in Miami?
Renting a Ferrari costs between $1,195 to $2,295 per day, depending upon the model you want to rent. Start Point Exotics has 3 different Ferrari models, available for rent.
One day Rental: $1,195 per day
- Ferrari 458 Italia Coupe
One day Rental: $1,495 per day
- Ferrari 458 Italia Spider
One day Rental: $1,595 per day
- Ferrari 488 GTB Spider
One day Rental: $2,295 per day
- Ferrari California
- How old do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
Any person who would like to rent from Start Point Exotic rentals has to be 21 years old or older for insurance purposes from our end. Drivers who want to rent a car must have clean driving records with no major moving violations, DUI convictions or similar infractions. People who do not have a clean record or are not 21 years old or over will not be able to rent vehicles from Start Point Exotics.
- How can I rent an exotic car from Start Point Exotics?
You can rent an exotic car easily. First, you need to view our latest models. Second, you will have to choose what type of car you would like to rent; Start Point Exotics offers exotic car rentals, luxury car rentals, sport car rentals and luxury SUV rentals. After you chose the type of car you would like to rent, you can easily choose your favorite rental vehicle from the list; For example, if your favorite type of car is luxury cars, you might want to rent our Rolls Royce Ghost. After you choose your favorite vehicle, you might go to our reservations page and fill up all the information we need in order for us to keep the car reserved to you such as renter information, rental information and payment information. After you sent us your reservation, we will call you to verify the information we have and if confirmed, we will reserve the vehicle you have chosen once your payment was approved.